We know the challenges of the industry, and we have the right solutions and services to address your specific challenges.
Day-to-day overwhelming planning requirements: The business faces schedules, costs, lead times and many other little details that could cost you big business, if you don't manage them properly.
Increased customer expectations: retention of customers by complying with their fast changing requests, fast response time, high product quality, and low costs.
Minimized operational costs: in the new lean manufacturing method, practices such as waste reduction and cost cutting are keys to competitiveness.
Integration: miscommunications and inaccurate data caused by complicated information sharing can result in unfulfilled customer orders or wasteful practices.
Competitive, and Dynamic marketplace: if the business is not prepared to expand into new markets, provide new services, and capitalize on new opportunities, it may not be able to compete with those that do.
Therefore, success in the manufacturing industry requires producing the right products, in the right quantities, at the right time, with good quality, and at a price that the customer is willing to pay. The flexibility to respond to compliance standards and the ever-changing needs of customers, such as providing real-time visibility into global operations, is also imperative for success.
Meeting these demands requires the ability to make quick decisions based on accurate data.
They automate and improve financial, customer relationship, and supply-chain management.
Integrate collaboration and communication
- Deliver a single, real-time view of data from multiple facilities and departments
- Synchronize communication between engineering, manufacturing, and subcontractors
- Optimize planning to minimize inventory while meeting customer requirements
- Share information within your systems through the Web
Efficiently manage projects
- Provide an accurate overview of project status
- Track activities and resources at many levels of detail
- Leverage knowledge and content from existing or prior projects
Deliver superior customer service
- Gain a comprehensive view of customer information
- Eliminate isolated silos of information
- Create customer self-service opportunities
- Coordinate multichannel communications with customers
- Collaborate with customers on new product designs
Estimate and quote accurately
- Provide accurate quotations based on a real-time view into operations
- Align customer requirements with your capabilities
- Record customer requirements accurately
Provide flexible production planning
- Use data from the entire supply chain to respond effectively to changes and problems
- Access data through familiar desktop tools
Support various manufacturing modes, such as engineer-to-order, make-to-order, make-to-stock, and mixed/hybrid